If the holiday hustle has you on the verge of a panic attack, take a deep breath because My Creative Mommy's got you covered! Everybody likes cookies right? So let's make a quick gift that is simple for you to prepare, visually delicious, and equally as easy to prepare for the lucky person you're giving it to.
Here we go, this is what you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces e.g. M&M's
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins - I used chocolate covered raisins e.g. Raisinets
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart food storage jar e.g. Ball canning jar
- Funnel - I used a paper cup and cut the bottom out
- Raffia, ribbon, yarn
I mixed together the flour, baking soda and salt because they're all white, and made them the last layer at the top of the jar. Even though I packed down each layer, I was certain the flour mixture was not going to fit. Trust me when I tell you, it fits. Just pack it down a few times with the back of a spoon as you're pouring it in.
Once your jar is filled, put the lid on tightly. Cover lid with fabric and attach with raffia, ribbon or yarn. You'll need to include an index card with baking instructions. When preparing these wonderful cookies the only additional ingredients needed are butter, eggs and vanilla. The baking instructions are as follows:
- 2/3 cup of butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 jar Super Chocolate Cookie Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Add cookie mix to butter mixture and STIR until well blended.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. *I like to use parchment paper - it makes clean up much easier than placing cookies directly on the cookie sheet* Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until almost set (because ovens vary, you may need to adjust the time a little). Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MyCreativeMommy and click the "Like" box to become a fan and receive regular updates!
Follow us on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/mycreativemommy
My goal is to take the whole world on a creative journey one project at a time, so I want to offer many thanks to all my readers in 59 different countries...
The United States, Israel, Canada, Germany, Australia, the United Kingdom, Russia, France, Malaysia, Italy, the Bahamas, the Philippines, Sweden, Egypt, Columbia, the Netherlands, Spain, the Sudan, Turkey, Mexico, Moldova, Denmark, China, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, the Czech Republic, the Ukraine, South Africa, India, Taiwan, Panama, Serbia, Latvia, Argentina, United Arab Emirates, Bosnia and Herzegovina,
New Zealand, Japan, Bangladesh, Brazil, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Chile,
Romania, Hungary, Portugal, Indonesia, Guernsey, South Korea, Pakistan, Greece,
Hong Kong, Poland, Slovenia, Lithuania, Ireland and Belgium!
Jana : )