Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sucker For Sweets

When I'm learning something new and challenging, I try to find that same information in a children's book and begin there. In a children's book I can see the basic concepts of something, simply stated. It may sound silly, but it works. When I want to learn a new craft, I often start with a kit. I love kits. They give you the basics and include just about everything you need to get off to a good start, quickly. And if I find it's not my thing, well, I haven't made a big investment of time or money. One of my favorite kits is from https://www.lorannoils.com  Lorann Oils is a wonderful company celebrating 50 years of business this year. I have used their candy making supplies over and over with great results. On Thursday I'll be posting how to make your own hard candy lollipops, and Lorann Oils offers a great kit that contains grape and watermelon super strength flavors, 25 sucker sticks, 2 reusable molds tempered for high heat, and 2 packets professional grade powdered corn syrup for $10.95. All you need to add is the sugar, and I highly recommend you get a candy thermometer. You can order one from Lorann Oils ($4.25), or pick one up at your local grocery store or craft supply store.

Making your own hard candy lollipops is easy, fun and tasty. The shapes and flavors are endless, and they make great, inexpensive party favors too!  I haven't met a kid or grown-up yet that doesn't smile when you hand them one.  Let's face it, lollipops are happiness on a stick.
Be sure to go to My Creative Mommy's facebook page and vote on a flavor for this week's project. http://www.facebook.com/MyCreativeMommy
Stay tuned for Thursday's DIY hard candy lollipop blog post at http://MyCreativeMommy.blogspot.com

Many Blessings,
Jana : )