Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Brain Overload and Beeswax Candles

A writer once said "...When I'm staring out the window, I'm working." That's me. My mind is constantly in motion. I admire people who can quiet their mind, or meditate on just one thing - I'd settle for three or four. I'm more like thirty things. Somewhere between 1:00am and 4:00am every night my brain goes on automatic defrag and begins dumping, creating, and reorganizing my thoughts for the next day, and the next ten years. As I've gotten to know other creative, and entrepreneurial minded folks I hear similar stories. Makes me glad I got all that extra sleep as a teenager. This all works in your favor though, because while I'm up trying to figure out how to feed all the starving children in third world countries, and how to keep the headliner in my car from falling down, I'm also thinking of ways to take the mystery out of creative projects to make them fun and easy for you!

This week's project is an 8 inch pillar candle, hand rolled with honeycomb textured sheets of beeswax. Perfect to celebrate The 4th of July, this beautiful do-it-yourself home decor piece is done in a patriotic theme of red, white, and blue. This candle project lends itself well to children too. They can help you roll the beeswax sheets, or make coordinating votive candles while you work on the pillar candle. Beeswax candles are easy to make, very attractive, and have a pleasant, sweet smell. They also make great gifts! My favorite source for candle making supplies is a company called Candlewic. Candlewic offers low priced candle making supplies and kits and you can click on the link below to check them out for yourself.  Stay tuned for this fun and easy project on Thursday!

Remember to "Like" us on facebook at http://www.facebook/MyCreativeMommy
      Candlewic Natural Waxes                      Many Blessings,
                                 Jana : )